Seasonal Maintenance Worker
Kansas City, MO
It is our mission at the Center for Developmentally Disabled to support persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential. If you would like to join us in this mission, you’re in luck!
We are looking for a seasonal Maintenance Worker.
In this position you will work with the permanent maintenance crew to help with litter removal, weed eating, pulling weeds, trimming bushes/trees, picking up trash, minor landscaping, and mulching. We will supply a vehicle and tools for this position.
• Minimum age of 21 years old.
• Knowledge of general tools light maintenance equipment.
• Knowledge of safety practices and procedures while operating equipment or making repairs.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license with no more than three moving violations in the past three years.
• Ability to discern verbal and written instructions, communicate with other employees and the residents of CDD Property.
• Able to lift and carry 50 pound objects for varying distances.
• Sufficient body flexibility, mobility, stamina and balance to perform maintenance and repair operations that require bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, and other physical exertions working in trenches, climbing and working on ladders, and moving over rough or unfamiliar terrain.
• Ability to endure prolonged exposure to adverse conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, and prolonged heat exposure during summer months.
• Ability to walk for long periods.
You will be working in outdoor conditions, including extreme heat/cold and adverse weather conditions. You must be able to endure exposure to dirt and dust, as well as hazards involving the use of equipment and chemicals.
Normal hours of work 7:30am–4:30pm – may vary.
CDD provides residential supports for people with developmental disabilities that include group living (group homes), Individualized Supported Living (ISLs) and Personal Care Assistants (PCA) in natural homes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.