Director of Business Development
Kansas City, MO
It is our mission at the Center for Developmentally Disabled to support persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential. If you would like to join us in this mission, you’re in luck!
We're now hiring a Director of Business Development.
As the Director of Business Development (DBD) you will be responsible for the management, oversight and success of new program development initiatives, as well as building strong relationships with outside stakeholders to build capacity in our existing programs. You will supervise the Community Engagement Coordinator and the Benefits Support Representative to ensure a positive, consistent message and image to all stakeholders. The DBD is a member of the senior executive management team.
• Exhibit an understanding of professionalism and ethics; stakeholder relationship management; corporate reporting, planning and organization, and financial responsibility.
• Have knowledge of program and services for people with disabilities
• Must be team-oriented.
• Able to work independently and be self-motivated
• Customer/client focused
• Lead the organization's business development plan with an emphasis on diversification, development and transition of services.
• Identify and execute opportunities for growth of new clientele and services that are fiscally sound and sustainable.
• Provide strategic direction by developing goals and objectives, defining performance metrics, conducting evaluative tracking, monitoring progress and reporting results.
• Serves as member of senior executive team contributing to high level decision making, assisting with implementation and organization-wide strategic planning and team activities.
• Execute Strategic Plan Outcomes related to development and transition.
• Provide budget information of desired services to CEO and CFO.
• Maintain and be accountable for the departmental budget.
• Oversee the management of existing and new clientele relationships ensuring their needs and desires are met and they are engaged on a meaningful level with CDD. Personally build relationships that result in support for existing and new programs.
• Arrange business meetings with prospective clients and their families/guardians and support team.
• Provide oversight of transition into CDD services.
• Develop strong relationships with oversight agencies.
• Work collaboratively with other departments for recruitment and orientation when new initiatives or services are created.
• Participate in state level meetings to learn best practices in the field of developmental disabilities.
• Lead and direct efforts to increase the organizations visibility and name recognition.
• Develops and oversees the production of all communication materials and publications.
• Provides supervision and guidance to the development team comprised of a Community Engagement Coordinator and Benefits Support Specialist.
• Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
• Be discrete with confidential information.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have the ability to innovate, develop new strategies, and drive creativity within the organization's existing business development strategies.
• Must have strong staff management skills with the ability to foster a sense of team accountability and high performance.
• Must demonstrate a willingness to work closely with the organization’s administration.
• Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented and collaborative environment.
• Communication and negotiation proficiency.
• Ability to navigate web-based computer programs and have proficient typing skills.
CDD provides residential supports for people with developmental disabilities that include group living (group homes), Individualized Supported Living (ISLs) and Personal Care Assistants (PCA) in natural homes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.