Developmental Disability Professional
Sorry, this job has expired.
Kansas City, MO
It is our mission at the Center for Developmentally Disabled to support persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential. If you would like to join us in this mission, you’re in luck!
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join their team as a Developmental Disability Professional (DDP).
As the DDP you will function as the "case coordinator" of the community living programs to facilitate the programmatic processes dealing with habilitation services delivery. You are responsible for supervising staff program orientation and the maintenance of agency services as prescribed by the Annual Plan and "person centered principles”. You will assume the role of HIPAA Privacy Officer for individuals assigned to your caseload. In addition, you will participate with the management team in decisions regarding agency program and supportive operations and supervise/monitor service delivery and related documentation regarding all site-based records. In this position you will report to the Program Director/Coordinator.
• Must have sufficient field experience to meet state guidelines and ability to pass training courses in medication administration, First Aid and CPR.
• Sufficient experience in individualized program development.
• Implement and monitor individualized services based on person-centered principles. Oversee Person Center Plan (PCP) implementation and documentation.
• Act as the direct contact person with EITAS/KCRO for ensuring that PCPs and annual meeting schedules are in accordance with Missouri Quality Outcomes and that pertinent information is included.
• Supervise program staff in behavior management, crisis intervention, behavioral counseling, along with monitoring the protection of resident rights.
• Chair resident staffings and annual resident planning meetings.
• Submit all Annual Plan-related documentation according to Annual Plan schedule.
• Maintain Case Record Book (CRB).
• Serve as chairperson of a quarterly, standing committee.
• Complete discharge summaries and follow-up of residents leaving the agency or transferring to other locations within the agency.
• Facilitate monthly program meetings at each site.
• Alter personal schedule when needed to observe all program operations.
• Formally review on a monthly basis, or as needed, resident progress, medical records and documentation in Therap, case records, resident money ledgers and cash balances.
• Complete, update and submit monthly reviews to Case Managers.
• Correspond with referring agencies and day service agencies for program-related issues.
• Develop training services within DMH regulations, and provide in-service training as required.
• Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
• Intervene in resident behavior problems and counsels as necessary.
• Co-supervise managers along with Program Director/Coordinator as directed.
• Communicate with Manager and Lead Programmer daily to provide consistency in addressing resident needs and the overall running of the home.
• Responsible for disciplinary matters along with Manager, including minor policy and procedure violations.
• Serve as the contact person for relaying house/programmatic information to the Program Director/Coordinator.
• Assist with completing and reviewing staff evaluations with Manager.
• Is on-call for occasional or extended absence of a Manager
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Proficient in communication
• Must have a person-centered focus
CDD provides residential supports for people with developmental disabilities that include group living (group homes), Individualized Supported Living (ISLs) and Personal Care Assistants (PCA) in natural homes. Our staff is committed to assisting individuals with daily living activities, cooking, domestic skills, money management and transportation to name a few.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.