Developmental Disability Direct Support
Sorry, this job has expired.
Kansas City, MO
Full time, Part time
It is our mission at the Center for Developmentally Disabled to support persons with disabilities in achieving their fullest potential. If you would like to join us in this mission, you’re in luck!
We are looking for a caring, helpful direct support staff member to assist individuals with developmental disabilities.
Our benefits include:
• Extra $1.50 per hour shift differential on Saturday and Sunday
• An extra .52 cents per hour driving bonus
• Paid holidays
• Vacation and sick pay
• Health, Dental, Vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• $25k life insurance policy paid by CDD
• 401(k) with agency match
• Referral bonus
You can expect to:
• Assist individuals with daily living activities such as cooking, domestic skills, money management and transportation, to name a few.
• A high school diploma/GED
• The ability to pass criminal/registry background screening
• You to be at least 18 years old
• You to have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• The ability to pass medication, adult CPR and First Aid classes.
We prefer you to have the following qualifications:
• You must have your own car and car insurance (some positions require a car)
• Experience in the MR/DD field
• Bi-lingual in English AND one of the following:
• American Sign Language
You must be willing to work weekends, evenings and overnights.
Some of the people we support prefer to work with only male staff: Males are encouraged to apply.
CDD provides residential supports for people with developmental disabilities that include group living (group homes), Individualized Supported Living (ISLs) and Personal Care Assistants (PCA) in natural homes.
We are committed to helping individuals with disabilities acquire skills and supports that encourage independent living, community inclusion and/or working competitively. The rights and privileges of people with developmental disabilities are both respected and encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.